Anna’s arrest height of despotic rule: TDP chief
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP)
president N Chandrababu Naidu has strongly condemned the
police action against social activist Anna Hazare and his
supporters on Tuesday.
The police action against Anna Hazare, who was set to
launch a hunger-strike in a peaceful manner demanding a
stronger Jan Lokpal legislation, was totally "undemocratic and
unconstitutional", Chandrababu Naidu said in a statement.
Asking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to apologise to the
nation for action against Hazare and other social activists,
Naidu said "the arrest of Hazare and his team is the height of
the despotic rule of the Congress-led UPA government at the
Centre that is suppressing all civil rights".
The TDP extends full support to Hazare`s fight against
corruption, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?