Anna’s arrest height of despotic rule: TDP chief
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP)
president N Chandrababu Naidu has strongly condemned the
police action against social activist Anna Hazare and his
supporters on Tuesday.
The police action against Anna Hazare, who was set to
launch a hunger-strike in a peaceful manner demanding a
stronger Jan Lokpal legislation, was totally "undemocratic and
unconstitutional", Chandrababu Naidu said in a statement.
Asking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to apologise to the
nation for action against Hazare and other social activists,
Naidu said "the arrest of Hazare and his team is the height of
the despotic rule of the Congress-led UPA government at the
Centre that is suppressing all civil rights".
The TDP extends full support to Hazare`s fight against
corruption, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!