Anti-bifurcation govt employees to strike work in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government employees who back united state would go on a strike from Monday night against the proposed division.
The union leaders said the strike would be completely peaceful.
The state cabinet`s sub-committee on employee issues held talks with them but failed to avert the strike.
Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, a member of the committee, said the employees could convey their grievances to the Centre at different fora.
Meanwhile, Seemandhra employees working in the secretariat who have been holding protests here organised a rally where they stood blind-folded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom