Anti-bifurcation govt employees to strike work in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government employees who back united state would go on a strike from Monday night against the proposed division.
The union leaders said the strike would be completely peaceful.
The state cabinet`s sub-committee on employee issues held talks with them but failed to avert the strike.
Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, a member of the committee, said the employees could convey their grievances to the Centre at different fora.
Meanwhile, Seemandhra employees working in the secretariat who have been holding protests here organised a rally where they stood blind-folded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city