Anti-bifurcation govt employees to strike work in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government employees who back united state would go on a strike from Monday night against the proposed division.
The union leaders said the strike would be completely peaceful.
The state cabinet`s sub-committee on employee issues held talks with them but failed to avert the strike.
Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, a member of the committee, said the employees could convey their grievances to the Centre at different fora.
Meanwhile, Seemandhra employees working in the secretariat who have been holding protests here organised a rally where they stood blind-folded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you