Anti-bifurcation govt employees to strike work in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government employees who back united state would go on a strike from Monday night against the proposed division.
The union leaders said the strike would be completely peaceful.
The state cabinet`s sub-committee on employee issues held talks with them but failed to avert the strike.
Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, a member of the committee, said the employees could convey their grievances to the Centre at different fora.
Meanwhile, Seemandhra employees working in the secretariat who have been holding protests here organised a rally where they stood blind-folded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands