AP Assembly adjourned thrice as Opposition disrupts proceedings
Hyderabad: Pandemonium prevailed in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Wednesday as the Opposition members did not let the House transact its business on different issues.
The proceedings had to be adjourned three times because of the constant din created by Telangana Rashtra Samiti, Bharatiya Janata Party and YSR Congress members, who stayed put in the Well of the House since the sitting began at 9 am.
TRS and BJP legislators returned to the House after two days following their suspension on Monday for disrupting the proceedings.
While TRS and BJP demanded that the House pass a resolution seeking creation of Telangana state, YSRC pressed for a discussion on allotment of lands to IMG Bharata by the erstwhile TDP regime.
The TDP members, on the other hand, remained at their seats and wanted a discussion on the law and order situation in the state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar first adjourned the proceedings for 30 minutes but order did not restore when the House re-assembled.
He then called a meeting of the floor leaders and adjourned the House for another half-an-hour.
Unrelenting opposition members continued to disrupt the House after it resumed forcing the Speaker to adjourn it for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family