AP: Clash between Cong, TDP workers; 15 injured
Visakhapatnam: Tension prevailed in Gollapalem village in Garividi mandal of Vizianagaram district following a clash between Telugu Desam and Congress workers in which 15 members from both sides were injured on Sunday morning.
A small altercation at a tea shop allegedly set off the clash in the village, police said.
Eight TDP men and seven Congress workers sustained injuries in the incident, police said adding that they were admitted to district government hospital in Vizianagaram where four of them were stated to be serious.
Security has been posted in the village to maintain law and order and the situation is under control, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital