AP Cong functionary held for `misbehaving` with woman patient
Kadapa: A functionary of the Andhra Pradesh Congress was arrested today for allegedly "misbehaving" with a 25-year-old woman patient at his private hospital here, police said.
Dr Jayendra Rishnath, convener of the state Congress committee`s Doctors Cell, was held on charge of misbehaving with the woman patient at his Kerala Aurveda Hospital here and remanded in judicial custody till August 9, police sub-inspector Ranganayakulu told reporters.
A complaint in this regard was filed against Rishnath by the woman who alleged that he misbehaved with her when she had gone to his hospital for treatment on July 25, he said.
According to police, the woman confided in her husband about the alleged incident following which he confronted Rishnath. They formally lodged complaint with the One Town Police station last night, Ranganayakulu said.
Rishnath was not available for comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory