AP Cong functionary held for `misbehaving` with woman patient
Kadapa: A functionary of the Andhra Pradesh Congress was arrested today for allegedly "misbehaving" with a 25-year-old woman patient at his private hospital here, police said.
Dr Jayendra Rishnath, convener of the state Congress committee`s Doctors Cell, was held on charge of misbehaving with the woman patient at his Kerala Aurveda Hospital here and remanded in judicial custody till August 9, police sub-inspector Ranganayakulu told reporters.
A complaint in this regard was filed against Rishnath by the woman who alleged that he misbehaved with her when she had gone to his hospital for treatment on July 25, he said.
According to police, the woman confided in her husband about the alleged incident following which he confronted Rishnath. They formally lodged complaint with the One Town Police station last night, Ranganayakulu said.
Rishnath was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi