AP Cong functionary held for `misbehaving` with woman patient
Kadapa: A functionary of the Andhra Pradesh Congress was arrested today for allegedly "misbehaving" with a 25-year-old woman patient at his private hospital here, police said.
Dr Jayendra Rishnath, convener of the state Congress committee`s Doctors Cell, was held on charge of misbehaving with the woman patient at his Kerala Aurveda Hospital here and remanded in judicial custody till August 9, police sub-inspector Ranganayakulu told reporters.
A complaint in this regard was filed against Rishnath by the woman who alleged that he misbehaved with her when she had gone to his hospital for treatment on July 25, he said.
According to police, the woman confided in her husband about the alleged incident following which he confronted Rishnath. They formally lodged complaint with the One Town Police station last night, Ranganayakulu said.
Rishnath was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible