AP cops creating land database to keep encroachers away
Hyderabad: In a bid to prevent any kind of encroachment on the land allotted to the state police department by the government, Andhra Pradesh Police has started developing a land database.
According to a senior police official, the move is aimed at securing the land and efforts are underway to prepare fresh sketches by verifying maps and revenue records.
"We are preparing a database of police land. The process has begun and the objective is to safeguard the government/ police land from encroachment," Additional Director General of Police (Provisions and Logistics) T Krishna Prasad said.
According to him, fresh sketches of the extent of land are being prepared and Superintendent of Police (SP) of different districts are sending data to the Provisions and Logistics office here, which will henceforth maintain soft copies of the records that will soon be uploaded on the central server of the police department, the official added.
"The process is to create an update on the extent of police land. SPs of different districts are sending the land data...We are in the midst of preparing the soft copies of the land records as in at many places the records, which are on old papers, are torn out," Prasad said.
This exercise will help the department in getting exact knowledge of the availability of land and enable its proper maintenance by fencing and constructing boundary walls around the land, he said.
Whenever the department seeks to construct quarters, guest houses for police personnel or even for other welfare purposes, it can access the readily available records, he added.
The police land, believed to be in several hundreds of acres, are spread around the police stations, police quarters, parade grounds and battalions in the state and at some places the land has been encroached upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India