AP govt should pass separate Telangana resolution in House: KCR
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Monday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh government pass a
resolution in the assembly for formation of separate Telangana
and get it accepted by the Centre.
"I demand that the Chief Minister talk to the UPA
government that promised Telangana, and the Prime Minister.
Pass a resolution in the assembly and get it accepted by the
Centre," he said addressing a protest of the Telangana workers
of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC).
Noting that the separate statehood agitation has entered
the final stage with the "non-cooperation movement" beginning
from February 17, Rao warned that entire Hyderabad would stink
the if the GHMC sanitary workers stopped their work.
He, however, said sanitary workers would be involved in
the non-cooperation stir at a later stage.
Among others, even the GHMC workers would get involved if
the state government imposed Essential Services Maintenance
Act (ESMA) on government employees, who announced their
decision to start the non-cooperation agitation.
Alleging that GHMC is another example to show how
injustice is done to Telangana in recruitment of personnel, he
claimed that people from non-Telangana occupied important
positions and also large chunk of low-level jobs.
"GHMC is a local body and locals should get the
preference. But we (Telangana people) are confined to cleaning
and sweeping, whereas non-Telangana peope are in officers`
posts. That is why we demand separate Telangana," the TRS
The Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC),
that comprises TRS, BJP and various people`s organisations,
has announced that it will launch a "non-cooperation"
agitation from February 17 in support of its demand for
introduction of a bill for formation of Telangana in the
Budget session of Parliament.
Regretting that the workers of GHMC were getting a meagre
salary of about Rs 4,000, the TRS president wondered how can
they live in Hyderabad when cost of living rose so high.
Asserting that Telangana state would definitely be
realised, Chandrasekhar Rao said he would fight with the Chief
Minister of the new state for regularisation of employment of
temporary workers in GHMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers