AP House adjourned over no-confidence, Telangana
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Assembly was
adjourned twice this morning as Opposition Telugu Desam Party
and Telangana Rashtra Samiti disrupted the proceedings on the
no-confidence motion and the Telangana issues respectively.
The TDP and the TRS members stormed the Speaker`s podium
as soon as the House assembled for the day`s proceedings. The
TDP MLAs were demanding that the House take up the
no-confidence motion while the TRS raised the demand for a
resolution in the Assembly seeking creation of Telangana.
Within two minutes after the proceedings began, Speaker
Nadendla Manohar adjourned the House for ten minutes.
Same scenes were witnessed when the House re-assembled after
half an hour.
The Speaker said he was in receipt of the TDP`s notice
for a no-confidence motion and would take a decision on it as
per rules and procedures.
This did not pacify the TDP legislators and they insisted
on an immediate debate. The TRS members were equally
vociferous in their demand for a resolution on Telangana.
This forced the Speaker to adjourn the proceedings for 30
minutes the second time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal