AP House adjourned over no-confidence, Telangana
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Assembly was
adjourned twice this morning as Opposition Telugu Desam Party
and Telangana Rashtra Samiti disrupted the proceedings on the
no-confidence motion and the Telangana issues respectively.
The TDP and the TRS members stormed the Speaker`s podium
as soon as the House assembled for the day`s proceedings. The
TDP MLAs were demanding that the House take up the
no-confidence motion while the TRS raised the demand for a
resolution in the Assembly seeking creation of Telangana.
Within two minutes after the proceedings began, Speaker
Nadendla Manohar adjourned the House for ten minutes.
Same scenes were witnessed when the House re-assembled after
half an hour.
The Speaker said he was in receipt of the TDP`s notice
for a no-confidence motion and would take a decision on it as
per rules and procedures.
This did not pacify the TDP legislators and they insisted
on an immediate debate. The TRS members were equally
vociferous in their demand for a resolution on Telangana.
This forced the Speaker to adjourn the proceedings for 30
minutes the second time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi