AP ministers stay away from Assembly proceedings
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday faced an embarrassing situation in the State Assembly as ministers stayed away from the proceedings, forcing Deputy Speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka to direct Chief Whip Gandra Venkata Ramana Reddy to call the ministers in.
Even Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy was confined to his chamber in the Assembly when the Deputy Speaker raised the issue during a debate on motion of thanks to the Governor`s address.
Only three ministers were present in the House at the time and all the front benches on the treasury side looked empty.
The Deputy Speaker interrupted Congress member K Kanna Babu`s address and asked the Chief Whip to go and call the ministers inside.
As Gandra rushed out, one more minister entered the House and a few minutes later the Chief Minister and another minister walked in.
While some of the ministers were said to be attending proceedings in the Legislative Council, most others were conspicuous by their absence even in the Assembly lobbies.
Meanwhile, Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar ordered the government to conduct an enquiry into the "procedural lapses" in the presentation of agricultural "action plan" along with the Annual Financial Statement on March 18.
The government was caught on the wrong foot as it bungled up the whole issue by initially announcing that it was presenting an "exclusive budget" for agriculture and allied sectors and later changing it into an "action plan" without even obtaining consent of the House.
Lok Satta MLA N Jayaprakash Narayan and Telugu Desam Legislature Party moved separate motions related to breach of privilege over the fiasco. Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy maintained that it was
only a "technical error" and asserted that they would face the privilege motions as per the Legislature procedure.
Referring to the issue this morning, the Speaker directed the government to enquire into it and submit a report.
"The government should ensure that such mistakes are not repeated. The dignity of the House should be maintained...Take adequate care in future," Manohar cautioned.
Meanwhile, the House was adjourned twice today as the Opposition members disrupted proceedings on different issues.
The Telugu Desam Party pressed for a discussion on its adjournment motion on the power crisis in the state leading to the first adjournment for an hour.
The House took up Zero Hour after it re-assembled, but this time the BJP and the Left parties joined the TDP in raising the arrest of Telangana protagonists in connection with a road blockade agitation.
They demanded that those arrested should be set free immediately and raised slogans staying in the Well of the House.
The Speaker then adjourned the House for the second time.
Order restored when the House resumed after an hour, enabling a debate on motion of thanks to the Governor`s address.
The debate remained inconclusive when the House was adjourned for the day in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?