AP murder accused held at Mumbai airport after Interpol alert
Hyderabad: An accused in a murder allegedly committed in Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh, against whom the Interpol had issued a look out circular, was detained by Mumbai airport immigration authorities when he tried to fly abroad, a senior police officer said here on Wednesday.
Immigration authorities informed Andhra Pradesh police about Manavelti Guruprasad`s detention and a police team has been sent to Mumbai to take him to Vizianagaram district, CID Additional Director General of Police T Krishna Prasad said.
On August 25, 2011 the Judicial Magistrate of First Class Court at Salur issued a non-bailable warrant against Guruprasad, who is an accused in the murder of a 19-year-old youth, according to a case registered at Ramabhadrapuram police station in Vizianagaram district.
Allegedly, one Anoop Krishna was killed by the accused B Vidhya Sagar, who conspired with Guruprasad to kill him for allegedly having teased Guruprasad`s wife, the CID officer said.
Apprehending that he may leave the country, the CID got the Interpol to issue a look out notice against Guruprasad for his alleged involvement in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie