AP murder accused held at Mumbai airport after Interpol alert
Hyderabad: An accused in a murder allegedly committed in Vizianagaram district of Andhra Pradesh, against whom the Interpol had issued a look out circular, was detained by Mumbai airport immigration authorities when he tried to fly abroad, a senior police officer said here on Wednesday.
Immigration authorities informed Andhra Pradesh police about Manavelti Guruprasad`s detention and a police team has been sent to Mumbai to take him to Vizianagaram district, CID Additional Director General of Police T Krishna Prasad said.
On August 25, 2011 the Judicial Magistrate of First Class Court at Salur issued a non-bailable warrant against Guruprasad, who is an accused in the murder of a 19-year-old youth, according to a case registered at Ramabhadrapuram police station in Vizianagaram district.
Allegedly, one Anoop Krishna was killed by the accused B Vidhya Sagar, who conspired with Guruprasad to kill him for allegedly having teased Guruprasad`s wife, the CID officer said.
Apprehending that he may leave the country, the CID got the Interpol to issue a look out notice against Guruprasad for his alleged involvement in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes