`AP to bring in Right to Services Act like Kerala`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh will emulate Kerala and bring in a Right to Services Act to ensure delivery of government services to citizens in a time-bound manner, state Chief Minister said here on Friday.
Addressing a function to mark the completion of one crore transactions under `Mee Seva` scheme here today, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said the proposed legislation would ensure better services to citizens and also check corruption.
A staggering sum of Rs 4,000-6,000 crore being saved by people as `Mee Seva` was helping in checking corruption, the Chief Minister said.
"The proposed law will have provisions for penalising officials who do not deliver services to people within the prescribed time limit. This will increase efficiency in administration as well," Reddy said.
Technology should be put to effective use to deliver better services to citizens, he said on the occasion.
`Mee Seva` is an e-governance initiative launched as a pilot project with 12 services in Chittoor district in November 2011, wherein certificates like births and deaths, caste and income, encumbrance certificate, adangals (land documents), etc are issued to applicants instantly.
Today, the Chief Minister launched 16 more services under Mee Seva like lodging complaints for missing/lost documents/bank cards/mobile phones; permission for police bandobust; issuance of certificate for character, antecedents, no objection certificate for vehicles; issuance of licence for hostels, lodges, entertainment, restaurants, bars, dhabas and resorts that fall under the Home Department.
Services related to Civil Supplies Department like ration card mutations and some others related to municipal administration and revenue departments have also been newly introduced.
By March this year, the state government plans to deliver a total of 100 services under Mee Seva.
The Chief Minister also launched a huge electronic display board at the state Secretariat that shows the number of transactions under Mee Seva with daily updates.
Ministers Ponnala Lakshmaiah, D Sridhar Babu, M Maheedhar Reddy, DK Aruna and others were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick