AP: TRS to support no-confidence motion
Hyderabad: The TRS on Thursday said it will support
the no-confidence motion being proposed by main opposition TDP
against the Andhra Pradesh government.
"The Congress government did not keep its word on
formation of separate Telangana. They had announced on
December 9, 2009 that they will form the separate state. That
did not happen. The government did not implement the promises
like free power supply for nine hours among others. It lost
the confidence of people. We will fully support the no-
confidence motion," TRS MLA T Harish Rao told reporters here.
TRS has 13 members in the 294-member house (effective
strength is 287 with seven seats falling vacant due to
resignations and death of one sitting MLA).
The TDP issued a notice to Assembly Speaker Nadendla
Manohar for moving a no-confidence motion against the Congress
Telugu Desam Legislature Party deputy leaders G
Muddukrishnama Naidu, M Narasimhulu and whip Dhulipalla
Narendra Kumar handed over the notice to the Speaker prior to
the commencement of the winter session of the Assembly this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies