AP: TRS to support no-confidence motion
Hyderabad: The TRS on Thursday said it will support
the no-confidence motion being proposed by main opposition TDP
against the Andhra Pradesh government.
"The Congress government did not keep its word on
formation of separate Telangana. They had announced on
December 9, 2009 that they will form the separate state. That
did not happen. The government did not implement the promises
like free power supply for nine hours among others. It lost
the confidence of people. We will fully support the no-
confidence motion," TRS MLA T Harish Rao told reporters here.
TRS has 13 members in the 294-member house (effective
strength is 287 with seven seats falling vacant due to
resignations and death of one sitting MLA).
The TDP issued a notice to Assembly Speaker Nadendla
Manohar for moving a no-confidence motion against the Congress
Telugu Desam Legislature Party deputy leaders G
Muddukrishnama Naidu, M Narasimhulu and whip Dhulipalla
Narendra Kumar handed over the notice to the Speaker prior to
the commencement of the winter session of the Assembly this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened