Arrested TDP leader, 13 others granted bail
Guntur (AP): Senior TDP leader and former Andhra Pradesh Home Minister Kodela Siva Prasada Rao, who was arrested along with other TDP workers during protests here, was on Monday granted bail.
Kodela and other partymen had tried to lay siege to Cooperative Minister Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy`s house in Narasaraopet town yesterday, alleging irregularities in the enrolment of voters for ensuing cooperative society elections.
When Kodela and others tried to prevent the police, he was allegedly beaten up by them. In the melee, Kodela fainted and was shifted away. Following this, tension built up as the TDP cadre started fighting back.
The TDP leader and 13 others, who were arrested and were shifted to the district prison in Guntur last night, were produced before a Judicial Magistrate at Sattenapalle town that remanded them in custody till January 4.
However, the Judicial Magistrate granted bail to them this evening.
Meanwhile, a partial bandh was observed in Guntur today to protest against Kodela`s arrest. TDP leaders from other districts came here to express their solidarity.
TDP MLC Dadi Veerabhadra Rao and Karanam Bala Ram condemned Rao`s arrest and demanded action against Narasaraopet Deputy Superintendent of Police.
Apprehending that electoral rolls in the cooperative elections are allegedly being manufactured by officers and Congressmen in the house of the Cooperative Minister in Narasaraopet triggered protests by TDP workers, led by Kodela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi