Arrested TDP leader, 13 others granted bail
Guntur (AP): Senior TDP leader and former Andhra Pradesh Home Minister Kodela Siva Prasada Rao, who was arrested along with other TDP workers during protests here, was on Monday granted bail.
Kodela and other partymen had tried to lay siege to Cooperative Minister Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy`s house in Narasaraopet town yesterday, alleging irregularities in the enrolment of voters for ensuing cooperative society elections.
When Kodela and others tried to prevent the police, he was allegedly beaten up by them. In the melee, Kodela fainted and was shifted away. Following this, tension built up as the TDP cadre started fighting back.
The TDP leader and 13 others, who were arrested and were shifted to the district prison in Guntur last night, were produced before a Judicial Magistrate at Sattenapalle town that remanded them in custody till January 4.
However, the Judicial Magistrate granted bail to them this evening.
Meanwhile, a partial bandh was observed in Guntur today to protest against Kodela`s arrest. TDP leaders from other districts came here to express their solidarity.
TDP MLC Dadi Veerabhadra Rao and Karanam Bala Ram condemned Rao`s arrest and demanded action against Narasaraopet Deputy Superintendent of Police.
Apprehending that electoral rolls in the cooperative elections are allegedly being manufactured by officers and Congressmen in the house of the Cooperative Minister in Narasaraopet triggered protests by TDP workers, led by Kodela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah