Asaduddin`s bail plea rejected for 2nd time in 2005
Sangareddy(AP): A local court on Wednesday dismissed the bail plea of MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi for the second time in two days in connection with a 2005 case against him.
Asaduddin had allegedly obstructed the then Medak district Collector and other officials from discharging their duties.
The Judicial First Class Magistrate and Prohibition and Excise Court, which had yesterday dismissed Asaduddin`s bail petition, in its orders today observed, "There is no change of circumstances from the date of dismissal of earlier bail petition" and dismissed the fresh bail plea.
Asaduddin, who is presently in judicial remand till February 2 and lodged in the Medak district jail at Kandi, moved another bail application today through his counsel contending that he had to attend a conference in Hyderabad on January 24.
The prosecution, while opposing the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader`s first bail plea yesterday, argued that the accused had deliberately avoided attending court and he (Asaduddin) being an MP and a barrister from London, could not be ignorant of law.
The case was registered on a complaint by a revenue official, that Asaduddin, his younger brother and party MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi and others protested demolition of a place of worship at Muttangi village near Patancheru during a road widening work of Hyderabad-Mumbai National Highway.
They had allegedly engaged in heated arguments with the then Medak District Collector A K Singhal and other officers and Owaisi brothers had allegedly pushed the Collector.
The Owaisi brothers had "failed" to appear before the court, after which a non-bailable warrant was issued against them.
Owaisi brothers and others were booked under sections 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion), 147 (rioting), 186 (obstructing public servant while discharging duties) and seven other sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming