Asaduddin`s bail plea rejected for 2nd time in 2005
Sangareddy(AP): A local court on Wednesday dismissed the bail plea of MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi for the second time in two days in connection with a 2005 case against him.
Asaduddin had allegedly obstructed the then Medak district Collector and other officials from discharging their duties.
The Judicial First Class Magistrate and Prohibition and Excise Court, which had yesterday dismissed Asaduddin`s bail petition, in its orders today observed, "There is no change of circumstances from the date of dismissal of earlier bail petition" and dismissed the fresh bail plea.
Asaduddin, who is presently in judicial remand till February 2 and lodged in the Medak district jail at Kandi, moved another bail application today through his counsel contending that he had to attend a conference in Hyderabad on January 24.
The prosecution, while opposing the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader`s first bail plea yesterday, argued that the accused had deliberately avoided attending court and he (Asaduddin) being an MP and a barrister from London, could not be ignorant of law.
The case was registered on a complaint by a revenue official, that Asaduddin, his younger brother and party MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi and others protested demolition of a place of worship at Muttangi village near Patancheru during a road widening work of Hyderabad-Mumbai National Highway.
They had allegedly engaged in heated arguments with the then Medak District Collector A K Singhal and other officers and Owaisi brothers had allegedly pushed the Collector.
The Owaisi brothers had "failed" to appear before the court, after which a non-bailable warrant was issued against them.
Owaisi brothers and others were booked under sections 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion), 147 (rioting), 186 (obstructing public servant while discharging duties) and seven other sections of the IPC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents