Asaduddin`s bail plea rejected for 2nd time in 2005
Sangareddy(AP): A local court on Wednesday dismissed the bail plea of MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi for the second time in two days in connection with a 2005 case against him.
Asaduddin had allegedly obstructed the then Medak district Collector and other officials from discharging their duties.
The Judicial First Class Magistrate and Prohibition and Excise Court, which had yesterday dismissed Asaduddin`s bail petition, in its orders today observed, "There is no change of circumstances from the date of dismissal of earlier bail petition" and dismissed the fresh bail plea.
Asaduddin, who is presently in judicial remand till February 2 and lodged in the Medak district jail at Kandi, moved another bail application today through his counsel contending that he had to attend a conference in Hyderabad on January 24.
The prosecution, while opposing the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader`s first bail plea yesterday, argued that the accused had deliberately avoided attending court and he (Asaduddin) being an MP and a barrister from London, could not be ignorant of law.
The case was registered on a complaint by a revenue official, that Asaduddin, his younger brother and party MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi and others protested demolition of a place of worship at Muttangi village near Patancheru during a road widening work of Hyderabad-Mumbai National Highway.
They had allegedly engaged in heated arguments with the then Medak District Collector A K Singhal and other officers and Owaisi brothers had allegedly pushed the Collector.
The Owaisi brothers had "failed" to appear before the court, after which a non-bailable warrant was issued against them.
Owaisi brothers and others were booked under sections 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion), 147 (rioting), 186 (obstructing public servant while discharging duties) and seven other sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark