Asaduddin`s bail plea rejected for 2nd time in 2005
Sangareddy(AP): A local court on Wednesday dismissed the bail plea of MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi for the second time in two days in connection with a 2005 case against him.
Asaduddin had allegedly obstructed the then Medak district Collector and other officials from discharging their duties.
The Judicial First Class Magistrate and Prohibition and Excise Court, which had yesterday dismissed Asaduddin`s bail petition, in its orders today observed, "There is no change of circumstances from the date of dismissal of earlier bail petition" and dismissed the fresh bail plea.
Asaduddin, who is presently in judicial remand till February 2 and lodged in the Medak district jail at Kandi, moved another bail application today through his counsel contending that he had to attend a conference in Hyderabad on January 24.
The prosecution, while opposing the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader`s first bail plea yesterday, argued that the accused had deliberately avoided attending court and he (Asaduddin) being an MP and a barrister from London, could not be ignorant of law.
The case was registered on a complaint by a revenue official, that Asaduddin, his younger brother and party MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi and others protested demolition of a place of worship at Muttangi village near Patancheru during a road widening work of Hyderabad-Mumbai National Highway.
They had allegedly engaged in heated arguments with the then Medak District Collector A K Singhal and other officers and Owaisi brothers had allegedly pushed the Collector.
The Owaisi brothers had "failed" to appear before the court, after which a non-bailable warrant was issued against them.
Owaisi brothers and others were booked under sections 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion), 147 (rioting), 186 (obstructing public servant while discharging duties) and seven other sections of the IPC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed