BJP condemns MIM MLA`s remarks about Gandhi statue
Hyderabad: A senior BJP leader on Saturday strongly condemned the alleged objectionable remarks made by MIM legislator Syed Ahmed Pasha Quadri about Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the state Assembly premises.
Quadri found fault with the installation of the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in the state Legislative Assembly premises as the building was built by erstwhile Nizam government, BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya said.
The MLA, who represents Charminar in the Assembly, allegedly used objectionable words about the statue of Mahatma Gandhi while addressing a public meeting at Jagityal in Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh on January 17.
"The remarks of the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator are an affront to the nation," the BJP leader said.
The BJP president of Jagtial town in Karimnagar district, Raju, has filed a police complaint against Quadri for the alleged objectionable remarks.
The complaint has been sent to the public prosecutor for opinion, police said.
Meanwhile, Dattatreya expressed surprise that MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, arrested on charges of delivering provocative speech, denied that voice in the CDs (hate speech) was his.
"It was a tactic to escape from the charges in the case," the former Union Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation