BJP demands white paper on power situation on AP
Vijayawada: Opposition BJP on Friday demanded a white paper on the current power situation in Andhra Pradesh.
Talking to reporters here, State BJP leader B Dattatreya said the state was reeling under frequent power cuts and erratic electricity supply.
The Congress Government has totally failed in the proper management of power supply. It should come out with a white paper so that people are able to know the actual power situation prevailing in the state, he said.
"The state also failed to establish a power corridor to enable transmission of electricity from other states," Dattatreya said.
Though plenty of natural gas is available in Krishna- Godavari basin in the state, power plants in AP are facing a shortage of gas for energy generation, the BJP leader said.
Even though Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas S Jaipal Reddy hails from Andhra Pradesh, but he has failed to settle the issue of gas supply to power plants in the state, Dattatreya said.
On the release of water from Nagarjuna Sagar to Krishna delta, he termed the decision as "unilateral" and demanded an all-party meeting to discuss the water issue.
Before releasing the water from Nagarjuna Sagar, the Government should have consulted political parties, the BJP leader maintained.
Dattatreya expressed unhappiness over Medical Council of India (MCI)`s failure to allocate more seats in medical colleges in Telangana region. The Government should provide MCI-prescribed infrastructure in these colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing