BJP demands white paper on power situation on AP
Vijayawada: Opposition BJP on Friday demanded a white paper on the current power situation in Andhra Pradesh.
Talking to reporters here, State BJP leader B Dattatreya said the state was reeling under frequent power cuts and erratic electricity supply.
The Congress Government has totally failed in the proper management of power supply. It should come out with a white paper so that people are able to know the actual power situation prevailing in the state, he said.
"The state also failed to establish a power corridor to enable transmission of electricity from other states," Dattatreya said.
Though plenty of natural gas is available in Krishna- Godavari basin in the state, power plants in AP are facing a shortage of gas for energy generation, the BJP leader said.
Even though Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas S Jaipal Reddy hails from Andhra Pradesh, but he has failed to settle the issue of gas supply to power plants in the state, Dattatreya said.
On the release of water from Nagarjuna Sagar to Krishna delta, he termed the decision as "unilateral" and demanded an all-party meeting to discuss the water issue.
Before releasing the water from Nagarjuna Sagar, the Government should have consulted political parties, the BJP leader maintained.
Dattatreya expressed unhappiness over Medical Council of India (MCI)`s failure to allocate more seats in medical colleges in Telangana region. The Government should provide MCI-prescribed infrastructure in these colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video