Cash seized from vehicle in Andhra Pradesh
Anantapur: Cash to the tune of several crores was on Thursday recovered by police from a lorry in Guntakal town of the district and two persons were taken into custody in this connection.
"The cash was kept in three bags and the counting process is underway. As of now an amount of Rs 45 lakh has been counted and it seems the cash may be over Rs 2-3 crore," a senior police officer said in the evening.
Acting on specific information, police stopped the lorry near Hanumankudali village and recovered the cash during a search, he said.
The vehicle was reportedly on its way from the mineral-rich neighbouring district of Bellary in Karnataka to Hyderabad.
The lorry driver and another person are being questioned and the vehicle has been seized, he said.
Asked if the cash was unaccounted, the officer said, "There is a lot of speculation about the seized cash. The driver is being questioned in this regard. A clear picture will emerge only after the questioning process is complete."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow