Cash seized from vehicle in Andhra Pradesh
Anantapur: Cash to the tune of several crores was on Thursday recovered by police from a lorry in Guntakal town of the district and two persons were taken into custody in this connection.
"The cash was kept in three bags and the counting process is underway. As of now an amount of Rs 45 lakh has been counted and it seems the cash may be over Rs 2-3 crore," a senior police officer said in the evening.
Acting on specific information, police stopped the lorry near Hanumankudali village and recovered the cash during a search, he said.
The vehicle was reportedly on its way from the mineral-rich neighbouring district of Bellary in Karnataka to Hyderabad.
The lorry driver and another person are being questioned and the vehicle has been seized, he said.
Asked if the cash was unaccounted, the officer said, "There is a lot of speculation about the seized cash. The driver is being questioned in this regard. A clear picture will emerge only after the questioning process is complete."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists