Cash seized from vehicle in Andhra Pradesh
Anantapur: Cash to the tune of several crores was on Thursday recovered by police from a lorry in Guntakal town of the district and two persons were taken into custody in this connection.
"The cash was kept in three bags and the counting process is underway. As of now an amount of Rs 45 lakh has been counted and it seems the cash may be over Rs 2-3 crore," a senior police officer said in the evening.
Acting on specific information, police stopped the lorry near Hanumankudali village and recovered the cash during a search, he said.
The vehicle was reportedly on its way from the mineral-rich neighbouring district of Bellary in Karnataka to Hyderabad.
The lorry driver and another person are being questioned and the vehicle has been seized, he said.
Asked if the cash was unaccounted, the officer said, "There is a lot of speculation about the seized cash. The driver is being questioned in this regard. A clear picture will emerge only after the questioning process is complete."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown