CAT order on Dinesh Reddy as DGP may be challenged
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh is like to move the High Court against the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) order setting aside the appointment of V Dinesh Reddy as the Director General of Police (DGP), official sources said here Wednesday.
The Hyderabad bench of the CAT had yesterday struck down the appointment of Reddy as the DGP and directed the state government to send a new list of senior most IPS officers to the UPSC within a week after which the state government can appoint a new DGP.
Earlier, the appointment of three successive DGPs in Andhra Pradesh as the head of the police force have ended up in legal tangle.
Reddy`s immediate predecessor K Aravinda Rao, who was appointed as DGP on August 31, 2010, continued in the post based on a stay from the High Court after the CAT annulled his appointment.
Aravinda Rao retired from service on June 30, 2011 and his 1977 batch-mate Dinesh Reddy was appointed in his place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood