CAT order on Dinesh Reddy as DGP may be challenged
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh is like to move the High Court against the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) order setting aside the appointment of V Dinesh Reddy as the Director General of Police (DGP), official sources said here Wednesday.
The Hyderabad bench of the CAT had yesterday struck down the appointment of Reddy as the DGP and directed the state government to send a new list of senior most IPS officers to the UPSC within a week after which the state government can appoint a new DGP.
Earlier, the appointment of three successive DGPs in Andhra Pradesh as the head of the police force have ended up in legal tangle.
Reddy`s immediate predecessor K Aravinda Rao, who was appointed as DGP on August 31, 2010, continued in the post based on a stay from the High Court after the CAT annulled his appointment.
Aravinda Rao retired from service on June 30, 2011 and his 1977 batch-mate Dinesh Reddy was appointed in his place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...
- Angelina Jolie to teach masters course at London School of Economics!
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in