CAT order on Dinesh Reddy as DGP may be challenged
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh is like to move the High Court against the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) order setting aside the appointment of V Dinesh Reddy as the Director General of Police (DGP), official sources said here Wednesday.
The Hyderabad bench of the CAT had yesterday struck down the appointment of Reddy as the DGP and directed the state government to send a new list of senior most IPS officers to the UPSC within a week after which the state government can appoint a new DGP.
Earlier, the appointment of three successive DGPs in Andhra Pradesh as the head of the police force have ended up in legal tangle.
Reddy`s immediate predecessor K Aravinda Rao, who was appointed as DGP on August 31, 2010, continued in the post based on a stay from the High Court after the CAT annulled his appointment.
Aravinda Rao retired from service on June 30, 2011 and his 1977 batch-mate Dinesh Reddy was appointed in his place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!