CAT order on Dinesh Reddy as DGP may be challenged
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh is like to move the High Court against the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) order setting aside the appointment of V Dinesh Reddy as the Director General of Police (DGP), official sources said here Wednesday.
The Hyderabad bench of the CAT had yesterday struck down the appointment of Reddy as the DGP and directed the state government to send a new list of senior most IPS officers to the UPSC within a week after which the state government can appoint a new DGP.
Earlier, the appointment of three successive DGPs in Andhra Pradesh as the head of the police force have ended up in legal tangle.
Reddy`s immediate predecessor K Aravinda Rao, who was appointed as DGP on August 31, 2010, continued in the post based on a stay from the High Court after the CAT annulled his appointment.
Aravinda Rao retired from service on June 30, 2011 and his 1977 batch-mate Dinesh Reddy was appointed in his place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam