`Centre had no option but to impose President`s rule in Andhra`
Hyderabad: Reacting to the union cabinet`s decision to impose President`s rule in Andhra Pradesh, leaders of the Congress and other parties said the central government had no other option.
Congress leaders from both Telangana and Seemandhra said it was an appropriate decision in the present situation.
Former finance minister Anam Ramnarayana Reddy said it was the right decision by the leadership. He said when the election notification was likely to be issued in three-four days, there was no need for forming a government.
Another former minister, J. Geeta Reddy, said the centre took the decision after going into all aspects.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N. Chandrababu Naidu criticised the Congress, saying it fell into its own trap.
He said Congress invoked article 356 of the constitution as it was facing a rebellion by its own legislators.
Another TDP leader, R. Chandrasekhara Reddy, said the Congress was even using constitutional process for its political interests.
He said the party owed an explanation to the people for the delay in imposing President`s rule.
Telangana Joint Action Committee chairman M. Kodandaram said President`s rule had become inevitable.
Lok Satta Party national president Jayaprakash Narayan said there was no alternative to President`s rule in the murky circumstances.
He said in a statement that the government had ceased to exist in the state for the last two years, with ministers squabbling among themselves forgetting their collective responsibility and the legislature had become dysfunctional for the last four years.
"The central leadership, which has derailed the economy and is steeped in corruption, has succeeded merely in destabilising Andhra Pradesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui