Chandrababu making tall claims during his padyatra: Andhra CM
Sangareddy: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday alleged that TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu was misguiding common people during his ongoing state-wide padyatra.
"Chandrababu is promising to waive loans of farmers and women self help groups, which will be around Rs 80,000 crore by 2014. This is something the state can not afford," Reddy said addressing a `Indiramma Bata` rally in Medak district.
"Chandrababu`s ongoing march is not going to do any good to people," the chief minister said.
On YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) leader, Sharmila, who has also embarked on a padyatra, Reddy said, "Let her explain why her brother Jagan Mohan Reddy is in jail. Whether it was in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case or for a public cause."
While Chandrababu began his padyatra on October two, Sharmila started on October 18.
It was Congress which made the late YS Rajasekhara Reddy a tall leader and chief minister twice, Reddy said.
The chief minister said Congress government under him has allocated Rs 3,017 crore and Rs 469 crore for the welfare of backward classes and minority welfare, respectively.
Reddy also announced a grant of Rs 200 crore for drinking water projects and another Rs 100 crore for the development of minor irrigation projects in Medak district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH