Chandrababu making tall claims during his padyatra: Andhra CM
Sangareddy: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday alleged that TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu was misguiding common people during his ongoing state-wide padyatra.
"Chandrababu is promising to waive loans of farmers and women self help groups, which will be around Rs 80,000 crore by 2014. This is something the state can not afford," Reddy said addressing a `Indiramma Bata` rally in Medak district.
"Chandrababu`s ongoing march is not going to do any good to people," the chief minister said.
On YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) leader, Sharmila, who has also embarked on a padyatra, Reddy said, "Let her explain why her brother Jagan Mohan Reddy is in jail. Whether it was in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case or for a public cause."
While Chandrababu began his padyatra on October two, Sharmila started on October 18.
It was Congress which made the late YS Rajasekhara Reddy a tall leader and chief minister twice, Reddy said.
The chief minister said Congress government under him has allocated Rs 3,017 crore and Rs 469 crore for the welfare of backward classes and minority welfare, respectively.
Reddy also announced a grant of Rs 200 crore for drinking water projects and another Rs 100 crore for the development of minor irrigation projects in Medak district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY