Clash between Cong, TDP workers; 15 injured
Visakhapatnam: Tension prevailed in Gollapalem village in Garividi mandal of Vizianagaram district following a clash between Telugu Desam and Congress workers in which 15 members from both sides were injured Sunday morning.
A small altercation at a tea shop allegedly set off the clash in the village, police said.
Eight TDP men and seven Congress workers sustained injuries in the incident, police said adding that they were admitted to district government hospital in Vizianagaram where four of them were stated to be serious.
Security has been posted in the village to maintain law and order and the situation is under control, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley