Committee starts probe into Begumpet airport fire
Hyderabad: The three-member committee set up by the Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday began probe into Monday`s fire at Begumpet airport here in which a helicopter owned by the state government and six training aircraft were destroyed.
Special Chief Secretary, Agriculture, IYR Krishna Rao, who is heading the committee, visited the sight.
"We inspected the site and are collecting information from all concerned. A comprehensive report will be submitted to the government very soon," Rao said.
The Crime Investigation Department of Andhra Pradesh police is also investigating the incident.
The fire, which broke out at one of the hangars around midnight on Monday, caused a damage of over Rs 100 crore with the destruction of the chopper meant for the use of the Chief Minister and six aircraft belonging to a training academy, besides aviation equipment and other material.
Since 2008, Begumpet airport is only used for VIP traffic and training purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!