`Cong, TDP should prove sincerity on separate Telangana issue`
Hyderabad: Stepping up his attack on Congress
and TDP ahead of bypolls to 12 Assembly seats in Telangana,
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao today asked the two parties
to prove their sincerity over separate statehood demand for
the region by submitting a report to the Sri Krishna
"Let State Congress president D Srinivas and TDP Chief
Chandrababu Naidu give a report to Sri Krishna committee that
they are in favour of separate Telangana. TRS will withdraw
from contest. We would not even file nominations," Rao said
addressing a gathering at the party office here.
Hitting out at Srinivas for reportedly saying that he
would not rest until separate Telangana is achieved, the TRS
president asked why the Congress leader was silent when
students were agitating for separate statehood.
Srinivas was making statements in favour of Telangana as
he is in the fray in the bypolls from Nizamabad seat, Rao
The bypolls to the 12 seats have been necessitated as the
sitting MLAs, 10 from TRS and one each from BJP and TDP, quit
their posts in favour of separate Telangana demand.
The TRS had earlier appealed to Congress and TDP not to
field their nominees in the elections as the MLAs had resigned
for the cause of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr