`Cong, TDP should prove sincerity on separate Telangana issue`
Hyderabad: Stepping up his attack on Congress
and TDP ahead of bypolls to 12 Assembly seats in Telangana,
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao today asked the two parties
to prove their sincerity over separate statehood demand for
the region by submitting a report to the Sri Krishna
"Let State Congress president D Srinivas and TDP Chief
Chandrababu Naidu give a report to Sri Krishna committee that
they are in favour of separate Telangana. TRS will withdraw
from contest. We would not even file nominations," Rao said
addressing a gathering at the party office here.
Hitting out at Srinivas for reportedly saying that he
would not rest until separate Telangana is achieved, the TRS
president asked why the Congress leader was silent when
students were agitating for separate statehood.
Srinivas was making statements in favour of Telangana as
he is in the fray in the bypolls from Nizamabad seat, Rao
The bypolls to the 12 seats have been necessitated as the
sitting MLAs, 10 from TRS and one each from BJP and TDP, quit
their posts in favour of separate Telangana demand.
The TRS had earlier appealed to Congress and TDP not to
field their nominees in the elections as the MLAs had resigned
for the cause of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!