`Congress MLAs from Seemandhra to form new party`
Kadapa: Kamalapuram MLA G Veera Siva Reddy said that Congress MLAs from Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra regions would form a new party and not contest 2014 Assembly polls on the ruling party tickets in protest against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Talking to reporters at the Congress office in Kadapa late on Monday, the legislator said that the party high command gives more importance to Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) supremo K Chandrasekhar Rao.
He said that they are in no position to go to the people for their failure to prevent bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
Describing the Antony Committee formed by the Congress high command to study the issues of Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra regions as "baseless and useless", he alleged that it was set up to "cheat" the people of these regions.
Reddy demanded that Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief Chandrababu Naidu should resign and join the people to fulfil their aspirations.
He also criticised the YSR Congress party and described its leaders` indefinite fasts as a "farce".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH