Congress MP threatens self-immolation if Telangana bill tabled
New Delhi: Campaigning against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, a Congress MP from Seemandhra on Tuesday threatened self-immolation in Lok Sabha if the government tables the Telangana bill.
"I am going to immolate myself in the Well of Lok Sabha if any attempt is made to introduce the Telangana bill," Lok Sabha MP Sabbam Hari told a news agency.
The Anakapalli MP claimed that two of his colleagues in Lok Sabha will also join him to immolate themselves. He, however, did not disclose their names.
The Seemandhra Congress MP`s move came as the Centre sought a fresh recommendation from the President to introduce the Telangana bill in the Lower House.
The government had earlier decided to introduce the bill in Rajya Sabha first.
The issue of the separate state today rocked both the Houses of Parliament leading to several adjournments.
The government proposes to bring the Telangana bill in the current session despite sharp divide among political parties, including ruling Congress, over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof