Congress MP threatens self-immolation if Telangana bill tabled
New Delhi: Campaigning against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, a Congress MP from Seemandhra on Tuesday threatened self-immolation in Lok Sabha if the government tables the Telangana bill.
"I am going to immolate myself in the Well of Lok Sabha if any attempt is made to introduce the Telangana bill," Lok Sabha MP Sabbam Hari told a news agency.
The Anakapalli MP claimed that two of his colleagues in Lok Sabha will also join him to immolate themselves. He, however, did not disclose their names.
The Seemandhra Congress MP`s move came as the Centre sought a fresh recommendation from the President to introduce the Telangana bill in the Lower House.
The government had earlier decided to introduce the bill in Rajya Sabha first.
The issue of the separate state today rocked both the Houses of Parliament leading to several adjournments.
The government proposes to bring the Telangana bill in the current session despite sharp divide among political parties, including ruling Congress, over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre