Congress reacts to Reddy`s arrest with caution
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday reacted cautiously to the arrest of YS Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case saying the party does not comment on matters under investigation.
Party spokesperson Manish Tiwari was also dismissive about the charge levelled by YSR Congress that Reddy`s arrest was the result of a Congress-TDP conspiracy.
"If anybody has to make any averment, the approporiate place to do that is the court of law," Tiwari said.
Reddy`s arrest this evening came after three days of questioning by CBI, with agency officials saying his answers to certain investments made by a few companies to Sakshi television and Jagriti publications, owned by him, were not convincing.
The Congress spokesperson, however, refrained from commenting on the arrest of Reddy which has led to trading of charges in the politically volatile Andhra Pradesh.
"It has been a covention that we (Congress) do not comment on matters which are under investigation or sub-judice," Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi