Congress reacts to Reddy`s arrest with caution
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday reacted cautiously to the arrest of YS Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case saying the party does not comment on matters under investigation.
Party spokesperson Manish Tiwari was also dismissive about the charge levelled by YSR Congress that Reddy`s arrest was the result of a Congress-TDP conspiracy.
"If anybody has to make any averment, the approporiate place to do that is the court of law," Tiwari said.
Reddy`s arrest this evening came after three days of questioning by CBI, with agency officials saying his answers to certain investments made by a few companies to Sakshi television and Jagriti publications, owned by him, were not convincing.
The Congress spokesperson, however, refrained from commenting on the arrest of Reddy which has led to trading of charges in the politically volatile Andhra Pradesh.
"It has been a covention that we (Congress) do not comment on matters which are under investigation or sub-judice," Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says