Congress reacts to Reddy`s arrest with caution
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday reacted cautiously to the arrest of YS Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case saying the party does not comment on matters under investigation.
Party spokesperson Manish Tiwari was also dismissive about the charge levelled by YSR Congress that Reddy`s arrest was the result of a Congress-TDP conspiracy.
"If anybody has to make any averment, the approporiate place to do that is the court of law," Tiwari said.
Reddy`s arrest this evening came after three days of questioning by CBI, with agency officials saying his answers to certain investments made by a few companies to Sakshi television and Jagriti publications, owned by him, were not convincing.
The Congress spokesperson, however, refrained from commenting on the arrest of Reddy which has led to trading of charges in the politically volatile Andhra Pradesh.
"It has been a covention that we (Congress) do not comment on matters which are under investigation or sub-judice," Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report