Congress urged to stall AP Re-organisation Bill in RS
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) demanded here on Sunday that the Congress openly oppose the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation (Amendment) Bill, which would transfer certain villages from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh, to construct the Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project.
Telangana IT Minister K T Ramarao demanded that Congress leaders from Telangana should persuade their party leadership to oppose the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation (Amendment) Bill when it is introduced in the Rajya Sabha this week.
The Bill has already been passed by the Lok Sabha last Friday amidst protests by members of the TRS, Biju Janata Dal and others.
Ramarao said the Bill could be prevented from being passed in the Rajya Sabha only if the Congress comes out openly against it, since the TRS has only one member in the Rajya Sabha.
Incidentally, a bandh was organised in Telangana yesterday against the Bill, following a call given by the Left parties and pro-Telangana outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city