Congress urged to stall AP Re-organisation Bill in RS
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) demanded here on Sunday that the Congress openly oppose the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation (Amendment) Bill, which would transfer certain villages from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh, to construct the Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project.
Telangana IT Minister K T Ramarao demanded that Congress leaders from Telangana should persuade their party leadership to oppose the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation (Amendment) Bill when it is introduced in the Rajya Sabha this week.
The Bill has already been passed by the Lok Sabha last Friday amidst protests by members of the TRS, Biju Janata Dal and others.
Ramarao said the Bill could be prevented from being passed in the Rajya Sabha only if the Congress comes out openly against it, since the TRS has only one member in the Rajya Sabha.
Incidentally, a bandh was organised in Telangana yesterday against the Bill, following a call given by the Left parties and pro-Telangana outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH