Rave party busted in Hyderabad, 26 persons, including 12 women held
Hyderabad: Cyberabad Police today busted a rave party and arrested 26 persons, including 12 women, after raiding a poultry farm premises at Shamirpet area here.
Acting on a tip-off that a rave party was being organised, a police team raided the farm in Turkapalli area of Shamirpet on the city outskirts in the early hours and found the participants allegedly indulging in obscene dance acts, Shamirpet Police Station Inspector T N Babji said.
As many as 26 persons, including 12 women - three from Mumbai and one belonging to Kolkata, were arrested in connection with the rave party, the inspector said.
Police was in the process of producing them before a local court, the official said, adding that the 14 men arrested are businessmen from different parts of Hyderabad.
One of the organisers, identified as Ranjan, is absconding while his female accomplice, who was part of organising the rave party, is among the 12 arrested women, he said.
Police also seized over Rs two lakh cash, several cellphones and four 4-wheelers from the party site, Babji said. Another senior police official said some liquor bottles were seized from the premises, but no narcotic drugs were found there. Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!