Court asks jail to send `terror operatives` to medical test
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday directed the
Cherlapally Jail authorities to send "terror operative"
Viqaruddin Ahmed alias Viqar and two of his associates for
The Chief Metropolitan Magistrate gave these directions
after Viqar`s counsel filed a petition before the court
alleging that police had tortured Viqar and his associates
Riyaz Khan and Sayeed during interrogation and hence sought
sending them for medical treatment.
The court directed towards filing a report on the
treatment provided to Viqar and others by July 19.
`Terror operative` and founder of militant outfit Tahreek
Galba-e-Islam (TGI) Viqaruddin Ahmed alias Viqar was finally
arrested along with five of his associates from a location
here on Wednesday.
Viqar remained elusive after attacking police personnel
(to avenge the police firing after the 2007 Mecca Masjid
blast) in which two policemen were killed and as many injured
in Hyderabad city since December 2008.
Presently, Viqar and his five associates are under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe