Court asks jail to send `terror operatives` to medical test
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday directed the
Cherlapally Jail authorities to send "terror operative"
Viqaruddin Ahmed alias Viqar and two of his associates for
The Chief Metropolitan Magistrate gave these directions
after Viqar`s counsel filed a petition before the court
alleging that police had tortured Viqar and his associates
Riyaz Khan and Sayeed during interrogation and hence sought
sending them for medical treatment.
The court directed towards filing a report on the
treatment provided to Viqar and others by July 19.
`Terror operative` and founder of militant outfit Tahreek
Galba-e-Islam (TGI) Viqaruddin Ahmed alias Viqar was finally
arrested along with five of his associates from a location
here on Wednesday.
Viqar remained elusive after attacking police personnel
(to avenge the police firing after the 2007 Mecca Masjid
blast) in which two policemen were killed and as many injured
in Hyderabad city since December 2008.
Presently, Viqar and his five associates are under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam