Court asks jail to send `terror operatives` to medical test
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday directed the
Cherlapally Jail authorities to send "terror operative"
Viqaruddin Ahmed alias Viqar and two of his associates for
The Chief Metropolitan Magistrate gave these directions
after Viqar`s counsel filed a petition before the court
alleging that police had tortured Viqar and his associates
Riyaz Khan and Sayeed during interrogation and hence sought
sending them for medical treatment.
The court directed towards filing a report on the
treatment provided to Viqar and others by July 19.
`Terror operative` and founder of militant outfit Tahreek
Galba-e-Islam (TGI) Viqaruddin Ahmed alias Viqar was finally
arrested along with five of his associates from a location
here on Wednesday.
Viqar remained elusive after attacking police personnel
(to avenge the police firing after the 2007 Mecca Masjid
blast) in which two policemen were killed and as many injured
in Hyderabad city since December 2008.
Presently, Viqar and his five associates are under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city