DA case: Jagan to appear before CBI on May 28
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Monday issued summons to Kadapa MP and YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy directing him to appear before it on May 28 in a disproportionate asset case.
The court also asked 12 others facing charges in the case to appear before it on the same day.
The special CBI court had admitted the first chargesheet filed on March 31 by CBI in the disproportionate assets case and listed the case for trial.
Accordingly, summons were issued to Jagan, the prime accused in the case, and the other accused persons.
The summons were issued on a day when CBI, probing the case against Jagan and the others, submitted its third chargesheet in the court today.
Managing Directors Srinivasa Reddy (Hetero Drugs), Nityananda Reddy (Aurobindo Pharma), Sarat Chandra Reddy (Trident Life Sciences), senior IAS officer BP Acharya, AP Industrial Infrastructure Corporation`s former officer Y Vijayalakshmi, former Company Secretary of Aurobindo Pharma Chandramouli are among those issued summons by the CBI court.
Besides, representatives of Jagati Publications, Hetero, Aurobindo, Trident Life Sciences, who have been named in the CBI charge-sheet, have also been asked to appear in the court on May 28.
CBI has so far arrested only Jagan’s auditor Vijayasai Reddy in the disproportionate assets case. He is currently out on bail. He was, however, not issued summons since he has been attending the court proceedings regularly.
IAS officer Acharya, arrested by CBI, is already in judicial custody in the Emaar Properties scandal.
Indian Administrative Service officer Venkatarami Reddy, Ramky Group chairman Ayodhyarami Reddy, Jagati Publications (publisher of Sakshi Telugu daily) and Ramky Pharma India Limited have been named as the other accused in the case.
CBI said Ramky had invested Rs 10 crore in Jagati Publications as a quid pro quo for the benefits it secured from the then government headed by Jagan`s father YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Meanwhile, CBI filed a petition in the state High Court today challenging the special court`s order granting bail to Jagan`s auditor.
The petition will come up for hearing on May 9.
Jagan is currently touring Anantapur district campaigning for his party’s candidates for the June 12 by-elections.
As per his original schedule, Jagan is slated to tour all the 18 Assembly constituencies facing by-polls.
Now, he will have to cut short his electioneering and appear in court as per the summons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical