Former AP cop claims to have abducted three police officials
Hyderabad: A former police constable on Wednesday claimed that he has abducted three people, including Police Transport Organisation (PTO) officials in connection with his demands seeking reforms over alleged corrupt practices in the PTO.
Former police constable Giriprasad Sarma, allegedly called up local TV news channels and claimed that he has abducted one Ramana Rao and two others as well as uploaded a video onto a website showing one person in an "unconcious" state (who he claimed was Ramana Rao) and put forth several demands including creation of a separate Rayalaseema state from Andhra Pradesh.
The caller who identified himself as "Sarma" also demanded that Andhra Pradesh DGP V Dinesh Reddy take action against alleged corruption in the PTO.
The police is trying to verify the authencity of claims made by the caller.
Sarma, who was suspended for holding Superintendent of Police E Lakshmi Narayana hostage in September last year, was subsequently sacked.
He is also accused of setting on fire PTO Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Kumar in April this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened