Former AP cop claims to have abducted three police officials
Hyderabad: A former police constable on Wednesday claimed that he has abducted three people, including Police Transport Organisation (PTO) officials in connection with his demands seeking reforms over alleged corrupt practices in the PTO.
Former police constable Giriprasad Sarma, allegedly called up local TV news channels and claimed that he has abducted one Ramana Rao and two others as well as uploaded a video onto a website showing one person in an "unconcious" state (who he claimed was Ramana Rao) and put forth several demands including creation of a separate Rayalaseema state from Andhra Pradesh.
The caller who identified himself as "Sarma" also demanded that Andhra Pradesh DGP V Dinesh Reddy take action against alleged corruption in the PTO.
The police is trying to verify the authencity of claims made by the caller.
Sarma, who was suspended for holding Superintendent of Police E Lakshmi Narayana hostage in September last year, was subsequently sacked.
He is also accused of setting on fire PTO Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Kumar in April this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi