Former Maoist-turned-TRS leader shot dead
Hyderabad: Unidentified persons Sunday shot dead a former Maoist leader and now a functionary of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
K. Ramulu, 40, was gunned down in Nalgonda when he was on his way to attend a marriage in the town, about 120 km from here.
The attackers threw chilli powder into his eyes before opening three rounds of fire. They escaped before Ramulu`s security guards could respond.
Ramulu was vice president of the TRS Nalgonda district unit. He was the brother of surrendered Maoist leader Sambasivudu who was murdered in 2011.
TRS leaders said Ramulu had escaped earlier attempts on his life. He had complained to police about threats to his life.
TRS chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao condemned Ramulu`s killing and demanded immediate action to arrest the culprits.
Sambasivudu, involved in several murder cases and the mastermind in the assassination bid on former chief ministers N. Chandrababu Naidu and N. Janardhana Reddy, was made a politburo member of TRS after he joined the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her