Former Maoist-turned-TRS leader shot dead
Hyderabad: Unidentified persons Sunday shot dead a former Maoist leader and now a functionary of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
K. Ramulu, 40, was gunned down in Nalgonda when he was on his way to attend a marriage in the town, about 120 km from here.
The attackers threw chilli powder into his eyes before opening three rounds of fire. They escaped before Ramulu`s security guards could respond.
Ramulu was vice president of the TRS Nalgonda district unit. He was the brother of surrendered Maoist leader Sambasivudu who was murdered in 2011.
TRS leaders said Ramulu had escaped earlier attempts on his life. He had complained to police about threats to his life.
TRS chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao condemned Ramulu`s killing and demanded immediate action to arrest the culprits.
Sambasivudu, involved in several murder cases and the mastermind in the assassination bid on former chief ministers N. Chandrababu Naidu and N. Janardhana Reddy, was made a politburo member of TRS after he joined the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP