Former Maoist-turned-TRS leader shot dead
Hyderabad: Unidentified persons Sunday shot dead a former Maoist leader and now a functionary of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
K. Ramulu, 40, was gunned down in Nalgonda when he was on his way to attend a marriage in the town, about 120 km from here.
The attackers threw chilli powder into his eyes before opening three rounds of fire. They escaped before Ramulu`s security guards could respond.
Ramulu was vice president of the TRS Nalgonda district unit. He was the brother of surrendered Maoist leader Sambasivudu who was murdered in 2011.
TRS leaders said Ramulu had escaped earlier attempts on his life. He had complained to police about threats to his life.
TRS chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao condemned Ramulu`s killing and demanded immediate action to arrest the culprits.
Sambasivudu, involved in several murder cases and the mastermind in the assassination bid on former chief ministers N. Chandrababu Naidu and N. Janardhana Reddy, was made a politburo member of TRS after he joined the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands