Giving clean chit to Reddy brothers "too premature": Lokayukta
Bangalore: Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde
today described as "too premature" the clean chit given by
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa to the Reddy brothers facing
charges of illegal mining.
"I think it is too premature. On one side you hold an
enquiry and on the other side you give a clean chit. It
appears a bit contradictory," he told PTI.
Hegde`s comments came against the backdrop of Yeddyurappa
yesterday defending the Reddy brothers -- Tourism Minister G
Janardhana Reddy and Revenue Minister G Karunakara Reddy --
asserting there was no evidence against them and ruling out
their removal from cabinet.
Yeddyurappa had also said he would write to the Lokayukta
to probe all cases of illegal mining from 2002-03 till date.
Hegde said being a judge he believed in first going into
the reasons and then giving the judgement rather than jumping
to conclusions without the reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof