Giving clean chit to Reddy brothers "too premature": Lokayukta
Bangalore: Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde
today described as "too premature" the clean chit given by
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa to the Reddy brothers facing
charges of illegal mining.
"I think it is too premature. On one side you hold an
enquiry and on the other side you give a clean chit. It
appears a bit contradictory," he told PTI.
Hegde`s comments came against the backdrop of Yeddyurappa
yesterday defending the Reddy brothers -- Tourism Minister G
Janardhana Reddy and Revenue Minister G Karunakara Reddy --
asserting there was no evidence against them and ruling out
their removal from cabinet.
Yeddyurappa had also said he would write to the Lokayukta
to probe all cases of illegal mining from 2002-03 till date.
Hegde said being a judge he believed in first going into
the reasons and then giving the judgement rather than jumping
to conclusions without the reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- IIT-JEE Main rankings out; boys dominate list
- Oops! No changes in ticketing rules from July 1, says Railways
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!