Giving clean chit to Reddy brothers "too premature": Lokayukta
Bangalore: Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde
today described as "too premature" the clean chit given by
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa to the Reddy brothers facing
charges of illegal mining.
"I think it is too premature. On one side you hold an
enquiry and on the other side you give a clean chit. It
appears a bit contradictory," he told PTI.
Hegde`s comments came against the backdrop of Yeddyurappa
yesterday defending the Reddy brothers -- Tourism Minister G
Janardhana Reddy and Revenue Minister G Karunakara Reddy --
asserting there was no evidence against them and ruling out
their removal from cabinet.
Yeddyurappa had also said he would write to the Lokayukta
to probe all cases of illegal mining from 2002-03 till date.
Hegde said being a judge he believed in first going into
the reasons and then giving the judgement rather than jumping
to conclusions without the reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi