Hearing on Satyam plea adjourned
Hyderabad: A special court Friday posted to
March 31 the hearing of a petition filed by Satyam Computer
Services (now Mahindra Satyam) seeking release of company`s
records seized by the CBI.
The court also adjourned the hearing of other cases filed
by the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate against the
fraud-hit software major to the same date.
Mahindra Satyam, in its petition filed on February 15,
requested the court to order the CBI to release documents and
data storage devices sized by the Central agency and State CID
(initial investigator of the case) during searches last year.
IT firm`s counsel Shireen Sethna Baria argued that the
company has to submit restated accounts to various agencies,
including New York Stock Exchange, where it was listed.
She said as per the direction given by the Company Law
Board, the software major needs to submit its final accounts
before June 30.
"We will make all the documents available to CBI or any
other investigation agency as and when they require," Baria
assured the Special Court set up for the trial of the Satyam
She said the CBI has not objected to the company`s plea.
After hearing the argument, the court posted the matter to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday