Hunger strike against nuclear plant in Srikakulam district
Srikakulam (AP): Youths from the fishermen community are on a relay hunger strike to protest against the proposed nuclear plant at Kovvada in Ranasthalam mandal of the district.
Activists from several organisations, political leaders and Anu Vyatireka Porata Samiti leaders participated in the hunger strike which started yesterday.
The agitators, while shouting slogans against the state Ministers Dharmana Prasada Rao, Kondru Murali Mohan and Botsa Satyannarayana, demanded scrapping of the land acquisition process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan