Hunger strike against nuclear plant in Srikakulam district
Srikakulam (AP): Youths from the fishermen community are on a relay hunger strike to protest against the proposed nuclear plant at Kovvada in Ranasthalam mandal of the district.
Activists from several organisations, political leaders and Anu Vyatireka Porata Samiti leaders participated in the hunger strike which started yesterday.
The agitators, while shouting slogans against the state Ministers Dharmana Prasada Rao, Kondru Murali Mohan and Botsa Satyannarayana, demanded scrapping of the land acquisition process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown