Hunger strike against nuclear plant in Srikakulam district
Srikakulam (AP): Youths from the fishermen community are on a relay hunger strike to protest against the proposed nuclear plant at Kovvada in Ranasthalam mandal of the district.
Activists from several organisations, political leaders and Anu Vyatireka Porata Samiti leaders participated in the hunger strike which started yesterday.
The agitators, while shouting slogans against the state Ministers Dharmana Prasada Rao, Kondru Murali Mohan and Botsa Satyannarayana, demanded scrapping of the land acquisition process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love