Hunger strike against nuclear plant in Srikakulam district
Srikakulam (AP): Youths from the fishermen community are on a relay hunger strike to protest against the proposed nuclear plant at Kovvada in Ranasthalam mandal of the district.
Activists from several organisations, political leaders and Anu Vyatireka Porata Samiti leaders participated in the hunger strike which started yesterday.
The agitators, while shouting slogans against the state Ministers Dharmana Prasada Rao, Kondru Murali Mohan and Botsa Satyannarayana, demanded scrapping of the land acquisition process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money