Hunger strike against nuclear plant in Srikakulam district
Srikakulam (AP): Youths from the fishermen community are on a relay hunger strike to protest against the proposed nuclear plant at Kovvada in Ranasthalam mandal of the district.
Activists from several organisations, political leaders and Anu Vyatireka Porata Samiti leaders participated in the hunger strike which started yesterday.
The agitators, while shouting slogans against the state Ministers Dharmana Prasada Rao, Kondru Murali Mohan and Botsa Satyannarayana, demanded scrapping of the land acquisition process.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani