Hyderabad blasts: Probe moving in positive direction, claims police
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad police which is probing the twin bomb blasts case at Dilshuknagar area on Wednesday said the investigations were moving in a positive direction but refused to give a time frame for any arrests.
"Right now, there is nothing concrete we can say that we have. We are following certain leads. We are going forward. But definitely the investigation is moving in a positive direction," Hyderabad city police commissioner Anurag Sharma told a news agency.
"All I can say that we are doing our best efforts and giving a time frame at this moment is not possible," he added.
Meanwhile, an expert who participated in the forensic analysis of the blast material said the main component of the explosives is Ammonium Nitrate.
He said the police are of the opinion that the bomb was kept in an aluminum container as they found traces of aluminum at the blast site.
On February 21, Hyderabad was rocked by two blasts in the crowded Dilsukhnagar area killing 16 persons and leaving 117 injured. The blasts triggered by Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) took place outside a roadside eatery near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in the area.
"We cannot establish the pattern though the similar compound was found in Lumbini Park and Gokul Chat Bhandar blasts earlier in 2007. It is too early to come to a conclusion," the expert said.
He said in the earlier blast terrorists kept the bomb in a wooden box.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says