Hyderabad blasts: Probe moving in positive direction, claims police
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad police which is probing the twin bomb blasts case at Dilshuknagar area on Wednesday said the investigations were moving in a positive direction but refused to give a time frame for any arrests.
"Right now, there is nothing concrete we can say that we have. We are following certain leads. We are going forward. But definitely the investigation is moving in a positive direction," Hyderabad city police commissioner Anurag Sharma told a news agency.
"All I can say that we are doing our best efforts and giving a time frame at this moment is not possible," he added.
Meanwhile, an expert who participated in the forensic analysis of the blast material said the main component of the explosives is Ammonium Nitrate.
He said the police are of the opinion that the bomb was kept in an aluminum container as they found traces of aluminum at the blast site.
On February 21, Hyderabad was rocked by two blasts in the crowded Dilsukhnagar area killing 16 persons and leaving 117 injured. The blasts triggered by Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) took place outside a roadside eatery near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in the area.
"We cannot establish the pattern though the similar compound was found in Lumbini Park and Gokul Chat Bhandar blasts earlier in 2007. It is too early to come to a conclusion," the expert said.
He said in the earlier blast terrorists kept the bomb in a wooden box.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician