Hyderabad police-NIA tussle over blasts probe
Hyderabad: In another instance of non-cooperation between state and national security agencies, the Hyderabad police have not transferred the city blasts probe to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) despite a directive from the Centre.
The Union Home Ministry had asked the Andhra Pradesh government to hand over the probe into the recent Dilsukhnagar twin blasts in Hyderabad to the NIA.
However, reports said the Hyderabad police instead transferred the case to its own Special Investigation Team (SIT) yesterday. The Andhra Pradesh Police have been probing the blasts case and have formed 15 teams to carry out the investigation.
Like in the past, this time too it has become a prestige issue between the NIA and the state police. Ever since the blasts took place on February 21, the NIA has been trying to take over the probe. The agency even vented out its frustration by complaining to the Home Ministry and dropping hints to Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy.
"The NIA had registered a case against Indian Mujahideen in September last year on its larger conspiracy," an NIA official said.
"In connection with the (February 21) blasts case we have got custody of Syed Maqbool and Imran Khan, who have been brought to Hyderabad from Tihar jail in Delhi. We are questioning them.”
"The investigation is going on. We have some leads. However, at this point of time, we cannot reveal the investigation details," the NIA officer added.
The blasts in Hyderabad, which claimed 16 lives, were triggered by powerful IEDs planted near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in Dilsukhnagar.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared