Hyderabad Police seeks to question Hasan Ali
Hyderabad: City Police is seeking to question
Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in connection with a
case in which he is accused of procuring a fake passport from
"We need to interrogate Hasan Ali Khan on charges of
obtaining a passport from here by fraudulent means. We have
definite evidence against him and have filed an application
for a prisoners transit warrant in a court here to bring him
from Mumbai," Hyderabad Police Commissioner AK Khan told
Hasan Ali, who is also facing charges of money laundering
and tax evasion in a case filed by Enforcement Directorate, is
accused of obtaining five passports from different parts of
India, including Hyderabad.
The officer said that while applying for a passport from
Hyderabad in 2000, Hasan Ali showed his residential address as
that of his divorced wife.
"All evidence is ready and once we get orders from the
court we will bring him (Hasan Ali) to Hyderabad," he said.
"Hasan Ali procured another passport from the Indian High
Commission in London stating that he had lost the passport
issued in Hyderabad. After returning to India he again
obtained passports from Patna and Mumbai, besides applying for
one more passport in Guwahati," Khan said.
Hasan Ali Khan is presently in judicial custody and is
lodged at Arthur Road jail in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy