Hyderabad Police seeks to question Hasan Ali
Hyderabad: City Police is seeking to question
Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in connection with a
case in which he is accused of procuring a fake passport from
"We need to interrogate Hasan Ali Khan on charges of
obtaining a passport from here by fraudulent means. We have
definite evidence against him and have filed an application
for a prisoners transit warrant in a court here to bring him
from Mumbai," Hyderabad Police Commissioner AK Khan told
Hasan Ali, who is also facing charges of money laundering
and tax evasion in a case filed by Enforcement Directorate, is
accused of obtaining five passports from different parts of
India, including Hyderabad.
The officer said that while applying for a passport from
Hyderabad in 2000, Hasan Ali showed his residential address as
that of his divorced wife.
"All evidence is ready and once we get orders from the
court we will bring him (Hasan Ali) to Hyderabad," he said.
"Hasan Ali procured another passport from the Indian High
Commission in London stating that he had lost the passport
issued in Hyderabad. After returning to India he again
obtained passports from Patna and Mumbai, besides applying for
one more passport in Guwahati," Khan said.
Hasan Ali Khan is presently in judicial custody and is
lodged at Arthur Road jail in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar