Hyderabad student arrested in terror probe
Bangalore: Two days after 11 terror suspects with Lashkar-e-Toiba and HuJI links were picked up from Bangalore and Hubli in Karnataka, the police on Saturday arrested a Hyderabad student in connection with the same case.
Reports said the student has been identified as one Obaid Rehman (26).
Meanwhile, the interrogation of the 11 arrested terror suspects has revealed that the module run by them had a larger network across Karnataka and in other parts of the country, highly placed police sources said.
The suspects, who were remanded to 14 day police custody after being produced at the residence of a local magistrate, had given to the police information on the terror network and sleeper modules that operated in neighbouring states.
They had also revealed the names of some more persons and plans to trigger law and order problem, said sources.
On the basis of information given by them, some more persons could be arrested in the coming days, they said. Some of the information given out was "explosive" in nature, the sources said but declined to divulge details.
Among the arrested 11 persons were a DRDO scientist and a journalist. Their plan was to target MPs, MLAs and media persons in Karnataka.
A foreign made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets were seized from them.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'