Hyderabad student raped for 17 months by canteen owner
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: In a horrifying incident, a 20-year-old student of a polytechnic institute was confined and raped for 17 months by the owner of the college canteen.
The 33-year-old Satya Prakash Singh was arrested on September 05, a day after the victim managed to escape from confinement.
The resident of Riyasatngar in old city had been in Singh`s captivity since April 2012. Singh kept shifting the girl from one house to another on the outskirts of the city and raped her repeatedly. She even had to undergo abortion once, a report said.
Singh, who is in judicial custody, has been booked under various sections including kidnapping, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation apart from sexual assault.
According to a news channel, the girl mentioned in her statement that she was given a fruit juice laced with sedatives at the canteen on April 03, 2012. After that, she was kidnapped. She somehow managed to escape on September 04 when Singh was asleep and reached her home.
The Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission has ordered an investigation into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you