Hyderabad student raped for 17 months by canteen owner
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: In a horrifying incident, a 20-year-old student of a polytechnic institute was confined and raped for 17 months by the owner of the college canteen.
The 33-year-old Satya Prakash Singh was arrested on September 05, a day after the victim managed to escape from confinement.
The resident of Riyasatngar in old city had been in Singh`s captivity since April 2012. Singh kept shifting the girl from one house to another on the outskirts of the city and raped her repeatedly. She even had to undergo abortion once, a report said.
Singh, who is in judicial custody, has been booked under various sections including kidnapping, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation apart from sexual assault.
According to a news channel, the girl mentioned in her statement that she was given a fruit juice laced with sedatives at the canteen on April 03, 2012. After that, she was kidnapped. She somehow managed to escape on September 04 when Singh was asleep and reached her home.
The Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission has ordered an investigation into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat