Hyderabad student raped for 17 months by canteen owner
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: In a horrifying incident, a 20-year-old student of a polytechnic institute was confined and raped for 17 months by the owner of the college canteen.
The 33-year-old Satya Prakash Singh was arrested on September 05, a day after the victim managed to escape from confinement.
The resident of Riyasatngar in old city had been in Singh`s captivity since April 2012. Singh kept shifting the girl from one house to another on the outskirts of the city and raped her repeatedly. She even had to undergo abortion once, a report said.
Singh, who is in judicial custody, has been booked under various sections including kidnapping, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation apart from sexual assault.
According to a news channel, the girl mentioned in her statement that she was given a fruit juice laced with sedatives at the canteen on April 03, 2012. After that, she was kidnapped. She somehow managed to escape on September 04 when Singh was asleep and reached her home.
The Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission has ordered an investigation into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price
- Fraud suspect wanted by China pays $31m to end NZ probe