Hyderabad student raped for 17 months by canteen owner
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: In a horrifying incident, a 20-year-old student of a polytechnic institute was confined and raped for 17 months by the owner of the college canteen.
The 33-year-old Satya Prakash Singh was arrested on September 05, a day after the victim managed to escape from confinement.
The resident of Riyasatngar in old city had been in Singh`s captivity since April 2012. Singh kept shifting the girl from one house to another on the outskirts of the city and raped her repeatedly. She even had to undergo abortion once, a report said.
Singh, who is in judicial custody, has been booked under various sections including kidnapping, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation apart from sexual assault.
According to a news channel, the girl mentioned in her statement that she was given a fruit juice laced with sedatives at the canteen on April 03, 2012. After that, she was kidnapped. She somehow managed to escape on September 04 when Singh was asleep and reached her home.
The Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission has ordered an investigation into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’