Hyderabad student raped for 17 months by canteen owner
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: In a horrifying incident, a 20-year-old student of a polytechnic institute was confined and raped for 17 months by the owner of the college canteen.
The 33-year-old Satya Prakash Singh was arrested on September 05, a day after the victim managed to escape from confinement.
The resident of Riyasatngar in old city had been in Singh`s captivity since April 2012. Singh kept shifting the girl from one house to another on the outskirts of the city and raped her repeatedly. She even had to undergo abortion once, a report said.
Singh, who is in judicial custody, has been booked under various sections including kidnapping, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation apart from sexual assault.
According to a news channel, the girl mentioned in her statement that she was given a fruit juice laced with sedatives at the canteen on April 03, 2012. After that, she was kidnapped. She somehow managed to escape on September 04 when Singh was asleep and reached her home.
The Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission has ordered an investigation into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!