Ill Rosaiah skips YSR death anniversary functions
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah was on Thursday unable to participate in various functions marking the first death anniversary of late YS Rajasekhara Reddy as doctors advised him rest for the second day after he suffered a bout of viral fever.
"Rosaiah has been advised rest. He will be examined in the evening," sources in the Chief Minister`s Office said today.
According to doctors attending on him, the chief minister`s temperature was normal but needed rest.
Rosaiah was supposed to fly to Nallakalva in Kurnool district, where Rajasekhara Reddy`s chopper crashed on this day last year, to offer homage.
The Nallakalva programme was the main event of the government commemorating the first death anniversary of YSR. A giant memorial is being built there on a 22-acre site.
In a message shown on news channels, Rosaiah regretted his inability to attend the official functions on the death anniversary of YSR.
He recalled his association with the late chief minister and paid tributes to him.
Seventy-eight-year-old Rosaiah missed the official functions attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Tirupati yesterday also due to illness.
A team of doctors examined Rosaiah and also conducted blood, X-ray and urine tests yesterday and found everything to be normal.
They also carried out tests for H1N1, dengue and chikungunya, for which results have come out to be negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre