Ill Rosaiah skips YSR death anniversary functions
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah was on Thursday unable to participate in various functions marking the first death anniversary of late YS Rajasekhara Reddy as doctors advised him rest for the second day after he suffered a bout of viral fever.
"Rosaiah has been advised rest. He will be examined in the evening," sources in the Chief Minister`s Office said today.
According to doctors attending on him, the chief minister`s temperature was normal but needed rest.
Rosaiah was supposed to fly to Nallakalva in Kurnool district, where Rajasekhara Reddy`s chopper crashed on this day last year, to offer homage.
The Nallakalva programme was the main event of the government commemorating the first death anniversary of YSR. A giant memorial is being built there on a 22-acre site.
In a message shown on news channels, Rosaiah regretted his inability to attend the official functions on the death anniversary of YSR.
He recalled his association with the late chief minister and paid tributes to him.
Seventy-eight-year-old Rosaiah missed the official functions attended by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Tirupati yesterday also due to illness.
A team of doctors examined Rosaiah and also conducted blood, X-ray and urine tests yesterday and found everything to be normal.
They also carried out tests for H1N1, dengue and chikungunya, for which results have come out to be negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!