Jagan case: Give docs to I-T dept, Court tells CBI
Hyderabad: A special court on Wednesday allowed
the petitions of the Income Tax Department seeking copies of
the documents seized by the CBI during the probe into
corruption charges against Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and
the "irregularities" in the Emaar Properties land deal.
The court for CBI cases, which had earlier reserved
its orders after hearing arguments from the defense and
prosecution, today directed the central agency to furnish the
documents called for (by the IT department), at the cost of
Seeking a direction to the CBI for sharing the
material seized during the searches on the premises of YSR
Congress chief and the group of companies owned by him, the
I-T officials in Bangalore and Hyderabad had approached the
court last month.
They had filed separate applications seeking
directions to CBI to provide information on the seized
material so that the I-T department could "frame" the pending
assessment of Jagan, the group of companies owned by him and
the Emaar Hill Township Pvt Ltd.
The defense had earlier strongly opposed the request
for the soft copies of the entire seized material, contending
that "no provision has been cited by the I-T Department,
seeking the documents" and wanted the petitioners to instead
file fresh petitions, listing out the relevant documents that
are necessary for finalising the assessment proceedings.
The public prosecutor, however, had submitted that
"it`s only an exchange of information between the government
agencies and they would access only relevant documents
required for the assessment."
Emaar allegedly diluted the Andhra Pradesh Industrial
Infrastructure Corporation (IIC`s) equity from 49 percent as
agreed in the original MoU to 26% and also Emaar roping in its
group company Emaar MGF Land Limited as a co-developer for the
township component of the 258-acre integrated township project
at Manikonda here without the consent of APIIC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi