Jagan case: Give docs to I-T dept, Court tells CBI
Hyderabad: A special court on Wednesday allowed
the petitions of the Income Tax Department seeking copies of
the documents seized by the CBI during the probe into
corruption charges against Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and
the "irregularities" in the Emaar Properties land deal.
The court for CBI cases, which had earlier reserved
its orders after hearing arguments from the defense and
prosecution, today directed the central agency to furnish the
documents called for (by the IT department), at the cost of
Seeking a direction to the CBI for sharing the
material seized during the searches on the premises of YSR
Congress chief and the group of companies owned by him, the
I-T officials in Bangalore and Hyderabad had approached the
court last month.
They had filed separate applications seeking
directions to CBI to provide information on the seized
material so that the I-T department could "frame" the pending
assessment of Jagan, the group of companies owned by him and
the Emaar Hill Township Pvt Ltd.
The defense had earlier strongly opposed the request
for the soft copies of the entire seized material, contending
that "no provision has been cited by the I-T Department,
seeking the documents" and wanted the petitioners to instead
file fresh petitions, listing out the relevant documents that
are necessary for finalising the assessment proceedings.
The public prosecutor, however, had submitted that
"it`s only an exchange of information between the government
agencies and they would access only relevant documents
required for the assessment."
Emaar allegedly diluted the Andhra Pradesh Industrial
Infrastructure Corporation (IIC`s) equity from 49 percent as
agreed in the original MoU to 26% and also Emaar roping in its
group company Emaar MGF Land Limited as a co-developer for the
township component of the 258-acre integrated township project
at Manikonda here without the consent of APIIC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared