Jagan DA case: N Srinivasan chargesheeted among others
New Delhi: N Srinivasan was on Tuesday named as one of the accused in the three charge sheets filed by CBI in connection with the case of alleged disproportionate assets acquired by Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy.
The agency has also filed charge sheets against cement companies--India Cements owned by Srinivasan, Panna Cement and Bharathi Cement, now named as Raghuram Cements, for allegedly investing money in Jagathi publications, owned by Jagan, and in return got favours from the then Andhra Pradesh government led by Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, CBI sources said here.
They said the government gave a number of concessions like limestone mines allocation, water allocations and tax benefits.
The sources said India Cements allegedly got undue favours for water allotted to their plants.
"This is separate. It has nothing to do with cricket. India Cements has done nothing irregular. It will be established at the appropriate forum," Srinivasan said.
Others made accused by CBI include IAS officers--the then Special Chief Secretary M Samuel and Principal Secretary Aditya Nath Das.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan