Jagan`s DA case: CBI quizzes RS member KVP Ramachandra Rao
Hyderabad: The CBI, which is investigating the disproportionate assets case of Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, on Saturday quizzed Rajya Sabha member KVP Ramachandra Rao, once a close aide of former state chief minister late YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
KVP who appeared before the investigating agency in the morning was asked about some of the government orders issued during Rajasekhara Reddy`s regime and also about investments made by some companies in Jagan Reddy`s firms, CBI sources said.
The former advisor to the state Government after coming out of CBI`s office in the evening said he answered the queries of the investigating officials.
"I was called by the CBI as a witness and I answered their queries," he told reporters.
The CBI had earlier questioned KVP, who was the government`s adviser during YSR rule, in Emaar-APIIC deal as well.
It was for the first time KVP was called by the CBI after registering a case against Jagan and 73 others in 2011 following a probe ordered by the Andhra Pradesh High Court on a petition by some Congress and TDP leaders.
According to sources, the CBI is close to filing a final charge sheet in Jagan Reddy`s case and KVP`s statements may play a crucial role in further proceedings.
Meanwhile, Telanagna lawyers` Joint Action Committee staged a demonstration in front of Dilkusha Guest House where KVP was questioned, demanding his arrest. Police intervened and took the lawyers into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India