Jagan`s DA case: CBI quizzes RS member KVP Ramachandra Rao
Hyderabad: The CBI, which is investigating the disproportionate assets case of Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, on Saturday quizzed Rajya Sabha member KVP Ramachandra Rao, once a close aide of former state chief minister late YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
KVP who appeared before the investigating agency in the morning was asked about some of the government orders issued during Rajasekhara Reddy`s regime and also about investments made by some companies in Jagan Reddy`s firms, CBI sources said.
The former advisor to the state Government after coming out of CBI`s office in the evening said he answered the queries of the investigating officials.
"I was called by the CBI as a witness and I answered their queries," he told reporters.
The CBI had earlier questioned KVP, who was the government`s adviser during YSR rule, in Emaar-APIIC deal as well.
It was for the first time KVP was called by the CBI after registering a case against Jagan and 73 others in 2011 following a probe ordered by the Andhra Pradesh High Court on a petition by some Congress and TDP leaders.
According to sources, the CBI is close to filing a final charge sheet in Jagan Reddy`s case and KVP`s statements may play a crucial role in further proceedings.
Meanwhile, Telanagna lawyers` Joint Action Committee staged a demonstration in front of Dilkusha Guest House where KVP was questioned, demanding his arrest. Police intervened and took the lawyers into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP