Jagan`s DA case: CBI quizzes RS member KVP Ramachandra Rao
Hyderabad: The CBI, which is investigating the disproportionate assets case of Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, on Saturday quizzed Rajya Sabha member KVP Ramachandra Rao, once a close aide of former state chief minister late YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
KVP who appeared before the investigating agency in the morning was asked about some of the government orders issued during Rajasekhara Reddy`s regime and also about investments made by some companies in Jagan Reddy`s firms, CBI sources said.
The former advisor to the state Government after coming out of CBI`s office in the evening said he answered the queries of the investigating officials.
"I was called by the CBI as a witness and I answered their queries," he told reporters.
The CBI had earlier questioned KVP, who was the government`s adviser during YSR rule, in Emaar-APIIC deal as well.
It was for the first time KVP was called by the CBI after registering a case against Jagan and 73 others in 2011 following a probe ordered by the Andhra Pradesh High Court on a petition by some Congress and TDP leaders.
According to sources, the CBI is close to filing a final charge sheet in Jagan Reddy`s case and KVP`s statements may play a crucial role in further proceedings.
Meanwhile, Telanagna lawyers` Joint Action Committee staged a demonstration in front of Dilkusha Guest House where KVP was questioned, demanding his arrest. Police intervened and took the lawyers into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'