Jagan`s financial advisor seeks apology from TDP c
Hyderabad: A key accused in the alleged disproportionate assets case involving YSR Congress Party chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy on Tuesday demanded an "unconditional apology" from TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and three other party leaders for their alleged comments regarding the case.
V Vijay Sai Reddy, the financial advisor to Jaganmohan Reddy and the accused in the DA case, demanded Naidu and other TDP leaders to refrain from making public utterances against himself and Jagan, with regard to "the merits of the case, pre-judging the trial, the nature of evidence, and from conducting a parallel trial".
Sai, who threatened to approach the court against the TDP chief and others if they failed in tendering unconditional apology over their expressions, also asked Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to observe restrain in this regard.
"Do not to make any public pronouncements over the case, touching upon our guilt or rendering judgement on our conviction and sentence in the criminal trial, having regard to the potential possibility of such statements subverting the process of trial and also influencing the course of justice and the line of investigation undertaken by the investigation agencies," Sai, who is currently on bail, said in a communication sent to media houses.
While Jagan is under judicial remand in connection with the case, Sai who was earlier arrested by CBI is presently out on bail.
The CBI, in three charge sheets filed so far against Jagan and others, said he and his late father "hatched a conspiracy" to defraud government with Jagan influencing Rajasekhara Reddy in doling out certain favours to various investors, who made investments of several crores into Jagan`s businesses (at very high premiums) as a quid-pro-quo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday