Judge files plaint against court staffer for tampering records
Kadapa (AP): A civil court judge has filed a criminal complaint against a clerk for allegedly tampering with the court records, police said today.
"Principal junior civil judge Ramakrishna filed the complaint against junior bench assistant Ramanayya for allegedly forging his signatures on some court orders", said an officer attached to Rayachoty town station.
According to the complaint, Ramanayya, who was transferred in November last, forged the judge`s signatures in as many as 23 cases.
Police have now approached additional junior civil judge at Rayachoty court to access the records after receiving the complaint.
Ramakrishna has also named another junior assistant Laxmidevi in his complaint.
Meanwhile, citing a news item published in some local dailies in this regard, district Human Rights Forum has filed a report seeking action against Ramakrishna for allegedly removing the staffer in contravention of rules.
"Ramakrishna did not inform his seniors, the district court judge in this case, before ordering Ramanayya`s removal and went ahead with filing a criminal complaint, which is violation of natural justice", Forum convener K Jayashree said today.
Ramakrishna could not be contacted as he is on leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead