Kiran comes under attack from parties over bifurcation issue
Hyderabad: A day after he batted aggressively for a united Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy came under attack from the Opposition as well as his own Cabinet colleagues and Congress leaders with TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao even demanding his dismissal.
"The Congress high command should take a serious note of Kiran Kumar`s rebellion and dismiss him forthwith. Telangana should be created immediately even by imposing President`s rule in the state," Chandrasekhar Rao demanded here today.
Making a strong pitch yet again for keeping Andhra Pradesh united, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy last night categorically asked the union government not to go ahead with the (proposed) bifurcation without addressing people`s concern over issues like water-sharing, employment, education and Hyderabad, among others.
He also demanded that the Centre constitute a second States Reorganisation Commission, as committed by the Congress party in 2004, to divide AP, if at all.
Kiran also said he was ready to sacrifice his post for the sake of a united state and claimed he would continue to remain in the Congress in any event.
Senior minister K Jana Reddy found fault with Kiran`s suggestion that the Congress CWC should "reconsider" its July 30 decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
"The same Kiran Kumar Reddy said time and again that he would abide by whatever decision the Congress high command took. It`s regrettable that the Chief Minister is now defying the high command," Jana Reddy told reporters here this evening.
Information and Public Relations Minister DK Aruna,
in a statement, came down heavily on the Chief Minister saying his claims on the state division issue were reprehensible.
"The Chief Minister cannot act unilaterally. Everyone should honour the Congress high command`s decision to create Telangana state," she added.
By making false claims, the Chief Minister was provoking people of the two regions of the state, Telugu Desam Telangana Forum leader Errabilli Dayakar Rao alleged.
CPI state secretary K Narayana lashed out at Kiran saying the latter was trying to scuttle formation of Telangana by defying his party high command.
The current crisis in the state was due to the inept Congress governments at the Centre and in the state, he added.
Launching an attack on Kiran, Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar said, "If you continue to talk like this...You will end up in a mental hospital. By spreading falsehood, you cannot become a champion in Seemaandhra."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof