Kiran Kumar Reddy govt lacks accountability: TDP chief
Hyderabad: Leader of Opposition and Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu has expressed anguish over the way the monsoon session of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly was conducted.
"I am deeply saddened," Naidu told reporters today after the brief five-day session came to an end without a single discussion on any issue.
"People lost faith in the Assembly because of the conduct of the leaders," he observed.
Naidu said that it was the responsibility of the Assembly Speaker to run the House in a smooth manner while the onus was on the government to assist the Speaker in this regard.
The government shied away from any debate in the House fearing that it would have been cornered by the opposition, he alleged.
"The government felt happy when opposition parties stalled the House on different issues. The Kiran Kumar Reddy government lacked any accountability," the Leader of the Opposition lashed out.
Referring to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s remark that "money doesn`t grow on trees", the TDP chief said, "Is the brazen loot of public money in various scams like 2G spectrum and coal blocks allocation not visible to the Prime Minister? He remained a mute spectator when the country was being looted".
The Centre was trying to hoodwink people through false claims that farmers would stand to benefit from FDI, the TDP supremo claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor