Kiran Kumar Reddy govt lacks accountability: TDP chief
Hyderabad: Leader of Opposition and Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu has expressed anguish over the way the monsoon session of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly was conducted.
"I am deeply saddened," Naidu told reporters today after the brief five-day session came to an end without a single discussion on any issue.
"People lost faith in the Assembly because of the conduct of the leaders," he observed.
Naidu said that it was the responsibility of the Assembly Speaker to run the House in a smooth manner while the onus was on the government to assist the Speaker in this regard.
The government shied away from any debate in the House fearing that it would have been cornered by the opposition, he alleged.
"The government felt happy when opposition parties stalled the House on different issues. The Kiran Kumar Reddy government lacked any accountability," the Leader of the Opposition lashed out.
Referring to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s remark that "money doesn`t grow on trees", the TDP chief said, "Is the brazen loot of public money in various scams like 2G spectrum and coal blocks allocation not visible to the Prime Minister? He remained a mute spectator when the country was being looted".
The Centre was trying to hoodwink people through false claims that farmers would stand to benefit from FDI, the TDP supremo claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof