Lady cops’ suicide: CID files FIR against Ghatanji PSO
Yavatmal: The State Crime Investigation
Department (CID) has filed an FIR before the district court
against the PSO of Ghatanji, Hariganesh Narayan Wandile in
connection with the suicide of a lady constable Asha Haribhau
The FIR was filed yesterday after completion of the probe
into the suicide case, police said and added that it has
accused Wandile of harassing Asha that led her to commit
suicide. According to the CID sources, the investigating
officer Trambak Thotawar (Dy.SP) has found Wandile responsible
for the Asha`s suicide. The accused is currently attached to
the office of the District Police Superintendent.
The backdrop of the case was that Asha, a resident of
Patipura of the city was posted at Ghatanji police station on
May 17, 2007 and was joined her duty in Ghatanji police
station under the control of the accused Hariganesh Wandile.
The accused has allegedly used abusive language against
Asha and harassed her continuously. She has, then, contacted
the then SP Abdur Rehman and requested him to transfer her
from Ghatanji to elsewhere as Wandile was indulging in
harassing her on silly reasons. The SP did not pay any
attention to her request and she could not bear Wandile`s
Finally, she proceeded on leave and on November 1, 2007,
and committed suicide in her house in Patipura by consuming
poison. She has left behind a suicide note alleging that
Wandile was solely responsible for her suicide.
The SP Abdur Rehman, then ordered a departmental enquiry
by the Additional SP Kailas Kanse into the circumstances that
led to Asha`s suicide and on receiving his report, a criminal
offence, under Section 306 of IPC, was registered against
Wandile. However, his arrest could not be made as Wandile
managed to get an anticipatory bail from the High Court.
The detail enquiry was then conducted by the SDPO Tidke
of Pandharkawda and later the investigation was handed over to
the State Crime Branch for further investigation. Wandile was
initially suspended from the service but he managed to cancel
the suspension order from Mantralaya and returned to service
and is currently attached to the SP office.
The CID Inspector Thotewar has recorded the statements of
the parents and family members of Asah and they have alleged
that PSO Wandile was responsible for her suicide and demanded
stringent punishment to him.
However, Hariganesh Wandile has denied all the
allegations and informed the CID officer that he has sent a
confidential report to his higher authority about Asha`s
behaviour and willful absence from her duty. He said that the
lady constable was vindictive and hence committed suicide by
leaving a suicide note deliberately against him. He pleaded
innocence before the investigating officer.
The suicide note and the statements Asha`s kin including
her parents have helped the investigating authority to finger
at Wandile and accordingly an FIR is filed before the CJM
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read