Lot of politics over Telangana: Sources
New Delhi: There is "lot of politics" on Telangana that is creating turbulence in Andhra Pradesh over proposed creation of the new state and the problems have been exaggerated much beyond the reality, official sources claimed on Wednesday.
People should wait for the complete process of the state formation and only then the actual picture would emerge. Some turbulence and worries have naturally been there, "but once you remove politics from the entire matter, only then you would be able to see the clear picture," they said.
Dismissing the concerns that there has been a "complete failure" on the government`s front, top official sources said "there is a lot of politics involved in the entire issue".
"It is certainly not a complete failure. Every leader is saying things that may be of political benefit to them. There are some genuine grievances, but you need to give some time for the issue to settle down.
"Anyway the situation is fast coming back under control. Most part of Seemandhra has seen resumption of power supply," they added.
While admitting that there there have been some disturbances, they said that "these are not exactly like it has been made out to be".
Sources said that the Centre has settled many issues, but it will take time for further details on exact contours of the new statehood.
"There are places in AP, where things are very normal and we need to see the entire issue in entirety. There needs to be a political process to inform the people about the benefits and other issues related to the new statehood.
"The Centre has been quite clear on the entire issue. Once we get politics out of this, all the issues would be sorted out," they added.
Disturbances have been reported from the Seemandhra region since the Union Cabinet cleared a proposal last week for creation of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day